Myanmar has from the beginning been of our “must see” countries when we started planing our road trip more than 2 year ago.
Now 5 days after crossing the border we are not disappointed.
A green and beautiful country. Reminds me of my first visit to Thailand >30 years ago. Friendly people, in-expensive and on top of that delicious food. No hazel. Few tourists.
Below you can find pictures from
- Border-crossing from India, Tamu with friendship bridge
- On the road to Mandalay:
- Mohnyin Than Buddhas (Temple with > 500.000 Buddha statues
- Bodi Tahtaung Pagoda (129 m high Buddha statue & 90 m long reclining Buddha)
- Mandalay, U-Bein Bridge, Royal Palace
- Bagan, Mount Poba and visit to some of the > 3000 pagodas
Thank you to Ameen for the pictures taken by drone!